I.D.S.: Irritable Drive-thru Syndrome

Hi, my name is Faith and I suffer with I.D.S. aka Irritable Drive-thru Syndrome. It may not be on that official list of diseases (yet) but let me tell you it is VERY real! Over the last little while I have encountered some just irritating issues, and while they could be worse and are probably not even that BIG of a deal, I don’t want to waste this ticket I bought for this soap box I’m on! =) AND, let me just say maybe I am just having one of those weeks where everything irritates me……so here we go!

Scenario One: I was at a local fast food eatery, standing in line when this woman in front of me says “I want a number 1, just the burger.” The cashier said “So you just want the burger?” customer: “No, a number 1, burger only.” ----------------------- People, when you want the burger only, you don’t order the combo number!! You order the whopper or Big Mac or the quarter pounder, you don’t say “number one, burger only” That’s not the respective number!! Petty, I know, but like I said, I didn’t want to waste my ticket!
This is one of those times where I wish life was like a cartoon and a boxing glove would pop out of my eye or throat, punch the person (in love, of course) just for being complicated and dumb! Don’t act like you haven’t secretly wished for something of the same caliber!!

Scenario Two: At a local drive-in, for what is almost a daily drink, because I LOVE their ice, I order my large beverage. For once, I had cash and for the record, I intended to tip the carhop. My order total was $2.28, I gave the girl a 5 dollar bill (you all just sang the five dollar foot long song didn’t you??? Well, now you are!!). The girl gave me 2 dollars back said thank you and walked off. Um, HELLO!?!?! I am still short my 72 cents!!!! I know its 72 cents, but times are hard, people and I‘m still waiting on my stimulus (HA)!! I fully intended on tipping the girl, however do not just ASSUME I am going to tip you. That loose change is mine! It could’ve bought a stamp….or………..yeah that’s about it!! But still, it’s the principle!! I applaud you for the gall you have to blatantly steal my 72 cents, but if I had a stretch Armstrong arm, I would’ve reached back like a pimp and slapped you ho!! AND taken my 72 cents!!

Scenario Three: Now, this scenario didn’t really irritate me like the others, if I would’ve been the cashier I would’ve been irritated but this one is more just funny…..to me….anyways. Standing in line with my sister, this man orders a number 1 ADD cheese. He pays, he moves on, all is happy and I am one step closer to getting my heart attack in a paper bag!! However, off to the side this man is standing pondering the “ADD cheese” statement, he’s folding his receipt and I like to believe he is genuinely concerned about that 35 cents he paid for cheese (probably because that car hop jacked HIS 35 cents earlier….I’m not bitter…nooooo) He’s pondering real hard “Oh that cheese……should I??? That cheese was a bad idea!! Bad idea!! OH what to do??? It’ll be melted so I can’t just take it off after I’ve paid for it! Oh I have to stop it!!” He gets the cashier’s attention and then corrects his order “Ma’am no cheese!!! No cheese on that number one!!” I for whatever reason found this funny….its cheese. Those, what 100 calories really aren’t going to make a difference on that monster burger you just ordered, but that diet coke, THAT will make the difference!

So, there you have it, my soapbox for the week or the day, we’ll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for buying the ticket with me!!

Comments

Oh- I can only think of Taco Ding Ding (by the mall, the slowest one I've ever been to)... Sonic letting you order and then telling you "there's no ice". Or maybe you beginning to order at some drive thru only to hear "we don't have that"- a treat from our local hot eats, cool treats dealer. GRRRRR...

What can we expect for minimum wage OR less (sonic)? Minimum or less care about their work!
Anonymous said…
LOL!
Shanna said…
THIS is why I love you, Faith and why I'm glad you are my friend. My favorite is #2.... slap a ho! You had me rollin.... tears were flying off my face from laughing. You make blog reading quite enjoyable... especially when you rant. :D

<3
TracyBlalock said…
So, did you get your 72 cents back? I would have stopped her on her rollerskate. And since when do you tip them? She probably couldn't do the math in her head and had no clue what she owed you. It would be time for a math lesson. LOL
Jessica said…
I know that Sonic girl's plan...I did the math...if she stole $0.72 from each customer, and let's say she helped 600 customers that day...she just made $432.00!!!

Maybe I should work for Sonic!!
Jodi said…
Word!!!!! I totally feel ya!
I, too, HATE it when they steal my money. If I knew her name, I would request prayer for her at my next church meetin', by name, of course, with all of the shady klepto details of her sad life. It's not gossip if you pray at the end. That's in the Bible somewhere...

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana