Faith's Fluffy Friday


If you have followed my blog for the past couple of years, first let me thank you and second, you may remember a short series about “Blogging Off the Weight.” Obviously, I did not finish that series being that I am still fluffy and as you can imagine the mind battle over this screams “Failure” and “Fatty” every time I look in the mirror.

I vowed to never do a series again like that because I expect perfection from myself and never like to set myself up for failure. (This is getting REAL.)

I have come to the point that I am tired. I am ready to be healthy and not try to look like a model or “be skinny” rather I want to be healthy. I want to get into the habit of enjoying exercise and eating healthy and yes, losing weight will come with that. However, I cannot say diet. I cannot say my goal is to lose so many pounds by a date. While I am goal oriented, this looms over my head, I become anxious and then fail once again.

So, here’s to a new approach: Philippians 4:13.
I can’t do this on my own. I have to have the Creator’s help. Hello!! Why didn’t I come to this conclusion before?? Because I have allowed myself for years to be blinded in this area and listen to the lies of being “the fat friend” and even as I type that I know it’s still a process for me to not view myself as that but; if I am real honest, as the tears stream, that is all I see when I look at myself. I see the ugly. I see the fat or fluff if you will.

Why am I writing this?
Because if I do, there’s accountability
Because I know I am not alone in this war, right?
Because I feel that if I am struggling, someone else is too
Because God has been gracious to me the past couple of weeks and we are taking these first steps together

The other night this is what was on my heart and daily I read this:

Even in losing weight,
God cares
God is my strength and
With Him I CAN DO THIS
I,with God, can have self control for
   Cravings
   Bad food choices
   Laziness
Daily it’s a choice
Daily it's a battle in the war on weight
It's a mind game played on my taste buds and waistline. God is waiting, question is, am I going to show up today?

Daily God is on my side
While He cares, know that regardless of size, He still loves me and calls me His.

I can do ALL things thru Christ
              Lose weight, run, eat healthy, make it thru the day, breathe.


Until next time dearies, I know this post got REAL, really fast and I really did not mean for that to happen!

Comments

Brandy said…
I so know what ya mean if you ever need anyone to go workout with I am there with you or walk or a ear to scream in I am in the same boat. I have also come to the realization after I had a good cry in the dressing room that I needed to go back to ww and get healthy not only for me but my family. You know where I am and how to reach me if you need someone. toodles
Jodi said…
Love it, of course.
I completely understand. You are so right about needing to rely on God in the journey. I have discovered time and time again that I can't do it on my own, and yet I still try. Thanks for the reality check!! And btw, you ARE beautiful. No matter what you think you see in the mirror, we see differently!
Anonymous said…
Great post, I love fluffy, but ur right in saying do it to be healthy.
I love you just the way you are & for who you are.
Love dad
Betty said…
Read this today..."Don't wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal." so very proud of you...
Kristin Franks said…
Girl weight watchers is the way to go!! I never feel deprived and I've already lost 14 pounds! It really helps put things in perspective! Like a 3/4 a cup of cereal is only 110 calories but WW factors in carbs, protein, fat, and fiber so that little it of cereal is 3 points. I measured it out today and my fav cereal bowl holds almost 3 servings. So my night time snack with milk was over 15 points! Crazy!!! I joined lc and do group classes! They push you waaaaay harder than you would ever push yourself on a machine!
Ginger King said…
Hey Chickee...

You can always join me at Anytime and we can "enjoy" exercise together...I need the help and motivation. =)
You sound like Oprah & her... "I can not call it a diet- it's a lifestyle.". That's #1... #2 alliteration = happy friend named drew. #3 weight watchers can really help you with portion control, but you also can learn some basic JUST so you know what's going in you is going to give you good energy & good nutrients. #4 - I believe you can do it! Finally, #5- imagine I have some other mind-blowing fact here. Smile and have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana