Odd Hurricane Preps


 
If you live in a gulf coast state, chances are you have lived through a hurricane. Currently, we are dealing with Isaac and by dealing with, I mean it’s coming. As I made preparations today, I realized some of my priorities in preparedness are quite unconventional. So, if you are more inland, like I am, you may relate to some of these tips.
1. You should always prepare for a hurricane with a stash of chocolate and caffeine. Should the power go out, everything is amplified! Nerves are shot and its hot. Pop a small piece of chocolate in your mouth, a little sip of caffeine and suddenly everything is a little bit better.
Here's my stash for Isaac:


2. If you are riding the storm out with a menopausal, hormonal, woman: have a battery operated fan with back up batteries. Of course, there's always the option of a nice looking cabana boy with a big palm leaf. It is strictly your decision, these are just suggestions.

3. Should you lose power, we all know it will be bloody hot!! So, you will be in shorts! Ladies, let's shave our legs as part of our hurricane prep. You will feel better and so will everyone else.

4. While on the topic of feeling better with no electricity, I have a can of dry shampoo in my hurricane kit. (Don't laugh!!) It is not about being vain but it is about feeling better when conditions are just not great. Be honest, if you feel better, you will act better so, this is a win for everyone!

5. As always, make sure all devices are charged and you are signed up for alerts!!

6. It is also a good idea to have entertainment on hand like books, games, colors, you know those old things we once had lying around!  I can only watch the rain so long before I need something to do!

7. Have a camera ready! I mean really, this is a time to make memories, document things, so make sure that camera is ready! (Of course, I always have that one on hand!)

8. And now, I have a confession of something that has crossed my mind more than once today: What will I do if I do not get my weekly lesson from Honey Boo Boo?!?!

I will say that yes, I did the usual preparations with tying stuff down, placing sandbags by the flood areas of the house etc., but you have to have fun in this mix!

So, Until next time Dearies!! Stay Safe!!!

Comments

I love this! Your preparations are great!
TracyBlalock said…
Someone else was praying the power stays on til after Honey Boo...LOL too funny!

Shaving of the legs...I forgot that one! :) Will take care of that first thing when I get home.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana