Thanksgiving 2017


Usually, I do a post for thanksgiving. Sometimes the post is raw, well let’s be real they usually all are raw. Last year I didn’t do an actual Thanksgiving blog, but I mentioned it all in the annual birthday blog. What I mentioned was that I had reached a point of being thankful for the empty chairs at my moms dining table. I wrote about that journey and what a long journey that was; but let me say this, I am still thankful for that season.

However, this season looks quite different. Now there’s a “leaf” in my moms table and we are overflowing. In a God-like fashion He brought me this beautiful love story. 

As I type this, I’m snuggled between my two babies while my fiancé is at his house. It should also be noted that I’ve never slept with this many stuffed animals in my bed. 

Part of the beauty here, this thanksgiving, is that I’m not just thankful today. This has been a season of being thankful despite circumstances. But during this season, I’m waking up and living a life of gratitude knowing I deserve none of this. But, I’m thankful He sees otherwise. 

I’m thankful for a woman’s prayers. A woman whom I never met, but I can only imagine how great she was. A woman who prayed for me as I prayed for my future husband. A woman who was stronger in areas that I don’t know I could ever be. 

I’m thankful for every person who sits around my mom’s dining table this Thanksgiving. 

I’m thankful for my two little babies: my tender-hearted Gracee and my firecracker Titus. 

I’m thankful for my forever, Jimmie. It’s been a whirlwind, but a whirlwind of Him. It’s been challenging and funny. It’s been bittersweet and precious. And I pray that it continues to be everything that He would have it be. 

Sure, it may not look like anything I would have ever dreamed. And if you would’ve told me last year that I’d have two babies and a fiancé this Thanksgiving I would have laughed. But, I wouldn’t trade anything about this. Through the prayers of a woman who sought after God’s heart, The Lord is being glorified. Through the prayers of a hopeful 13 year old girl through 20 years of heartache and insecurities, The Lord is writing a beautiful story where He is glorified. How could I ask for anything more? 

If you’re one of my two readers, then you’ve probably read the blogs that were written through tears, insecurities, brokenness, and heartache. You’ve probably read the hopelessness I’ve felt. You’ve probably read the lies that I wasn’t good enough or pretty enough or thin enough. Let me tell you this, if you’re single and you’re feeling all of that, especially this holiday season, press into Him. There’s no magic formula of “If I do this, then He will...” 

Let me also take this a step further and say that these past few months with Jimmie have been beautiful and like a fairytale. But, there’s a reason that Disney never shows the couple behind closed doors after they are together for a while. There’s a reason Disney doesn’t show the day to day stuff or junk. I love Jimmie with my whole heart, but these past few months have also been some of the most challenging. I have a lot of junk in me that needs to be dealt with (I mean so does he, but that’s not what this is about;). We both do. We are truly the iron sharpening iron in each other’s lives. And I’m thankful...even for the challenging moments. I’m thankful that God loves each of us enough to purge us of ourselves. I’m thankful that I’m learning new things about myself and my priorities. 

So while my holidays may look different than they ever have before and while that may be what I’ve prayed for...I’m thankful. I’m thankful that God saw fit to show Himself in a way that only He could. I’m thankful that He answered Seana’s prayers. I’m thankful that He answered my prayers. I’m thankful. 


I feel like this has just been a random ramble, but please know my heart is to show how good God is. 
Yes, we are THAT family with matching Christmas pajamas and don't let Jimmie fool you, he is so excited about them! ;) 

Happy Thanksgiving!! Until next time, dearies! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana