27 Faithisms


Monday I will be turning 27! Yes it is my birthday on Monday so for all of you who have a three day weekend, you can thank ME for being born ;)
I found a blog recently where the girl did 29 random facts to celebrate her 29th birthday. Well, of course I loved this fabulous idea and decided to do my own version. This year’s birthday post is:

27 Faithisms

  1. I hate nutcrackers. They creep me out!
  2. I love blogging and wish I did it more often but then there’s the fear of being completely full of myself…And seriously what would I write about?!
  3. I am absolutely obsessed with birthdays!!
  4. I am daily learning to be content.
  5. I am beyond excited to kick off the birthday celebrations with my bestie, Erika when we go see my all time favorite Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast (in 3d) tonight!! We will be the ones singing in our tiaras!
  6. I feel pretty intimidated by the upcoming semester’s classes.
  7. I hate being lied to or about and manipulative games.
  8. I love aquariums. I could sit all day and watch the big shark tank at the Aquarium of the America’s in New Orleans. Of course, I would probably eventually fall asleep, it’s so relaxing!
  9. I will forever bleed gold. Yes, gold because it’s the neutral color in both LSU and the Saints plus it’s kind of sparkly
  10. I love all of the people in my life both past and present.
  11. I watch “reality” TV shows on MTV as my guilty pleasure and laugh at their absurdity.
  12. I love all things Louisiana and I am so excited for Mardi Gras and king cake!
  13. Some days I really miss my long hair.
  14. I believe my fairytale is still being written by Him.
  15. I don’t know that I will buy another black vehicle. I do love the way they look when they are clean but let’s be real; that only happens for about 3 hours every 4 months.
  16. I would rather clean the kitchen than cook the meal. Maybe this will change one day.
  17. I love the smell of lemons! So fresh and so clean!
  18. I am nervous about turning 27; it marks the official downward slope to 30. I have heard scary things about 30.
  19. I hate fake hair and fake teeth, again they creep me out!
  20. I am craving a trip to New Orleans.
  21. I do not think I have a definitive favorite season. I love unique things about them all. I love the feel of spring, the sounds of summer, the look of fall and the smell and taste of winter!
  22. I have learned sometimes it’s harder being the one who disappointed than the one who is disappointed.
  23. I have my mother’s hands and she has her mother’s hand; a fact I love being that I never knew my mom’s mom. Some say we are a lot alike.
  24. I am and will forever be a Daddy’s Girl…he still spoils me. That prince charming has some big shoes to fill!
  25. One day, when I grow up and build a house or buy one I want a library room full of all my favorite books.
  26. Part of my heart lives in Sofia, Bulgaria.
  27. I want to be a part of a flash mob one day, not that I can really dance all that well but it would be fun!

And one to grow on: I wish I could dress like this every day in big gowns and a sparkly tiara!!




Twenty six was a great year. I learned a lot about life, love and myself in both. I had a lot of changes as a 26 year old. I experienced true forgiveness and saw God do mighty, mighty things. I never like to think that the last year was my best year. I like to believe that the upcoming year will be my best year; therefore I never stop hoping; never stop believing. So come on 27, let’s  go!

Comments

Amanda T said…
I absolutely love the "bleed gold" faithism. The fact that it's sparkly is all you had to say!

You are right - the best is yet to come.

Love ya!
D'Vice Squad said…
27 IS a magical year, and to celebrate, I must encourage you wear your Tiara EVERY day this year, even if it's the time it takes you to take a bath, take off your makeup at the end of the day, or for a few minutes when you are on your knees thanking God for the day....put that Tiara on, girl, and relish the fact that YOU are special.....worthy of a bit of bling daily!!
Alice said…
I loved all of your Faithisms!!! On #8, if you love aquariums...you would love Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX. It is way better then the Aquarium of Americas in NO. Not to cut down the one in NO bc it's great too but in my opinion Moody Gardens is the bomb!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana