Big Girl in a Big City: Day Four/Night Five

I know this post is coming later than the previous posts, belive me, my body and eyelids also know this fact to be true! However, I have been studying for the big test tomorrow with some fabulous girls here at the hotel!! We will get to that eventhough it is just yet another "insignificant" detail.

Today, I selected my black slacks, pink top that ties and black cardigan with my patent leather 3inch black heels. Yes, I did feel a bit sassy, thanks for asking! Here is your daily "wardrobe" photo:


Class today was full of Medicare and tests and reading and Healthstream, and while it is ALL very important for ME and significant to ME, it is really boring and I don't care to really speak of it any more today! I will be tested on all of it tomorrow morning around 9 so please, say a little prayer for MEEEEE!!! At lunch today I learned that my Mrs. Glenda has two tattoos! She is so cool! No, the tats aren't what makes her cool neither does the fact that she loves Charming Charlie like me Or the fact that she sports a Team Edward shirt....ok the latter, definitely adds cool points!!! I just wish I could just bring her home with me. She is my adopted grandmother and has requested for me to call her Meme! I LOVE HER!! She is utterly fashionable and fabulous in her "grandmother age" and I hope someone will say that about me one day! hahaha! We took a picture together today so I will share it with you.
This is me and my adopted MeMe!!!


Tonight, I got in the car and drove to Westheimer for a place to eat. I decided on a seafood place called Landrys:

Tonight, I also learned that mmm while I like fish I don't really like seafood. Shrimp SOMETIMES tends to maybe make me swell a bit and as far as fish and pasta it kinda makes me wanna scrunch my nose up in an "UGH" fashion...oysters, crabs and lobsters well, ya know I've never really tried them and they were out of my budget. So, it left me with fish. Then even that I have had some odd experiences with so I got the fried filets. I took a bite and they were extremely FISHY tasting!! PLEASE tell me you know what I mean when I say that!! I know its fish but when I can pretty much taste the nasty water ON the fried fish, I am done. SO, I am a very picky seafood/.fish eater. This I learned tonight at my lonely dinner at Landry's. Tonight, I felt the lonliness of the empty booth seat across from me. I don't know if it was the interrigation like lighting that Landry's had or the fact they were playing romantic-esque jazzy music. SO, the lonliness accompanied by the bad fish I left with my meal in a to go box.
(This is the interrigation like lighting I am talking about!!!)


I did find the perfect cure for my momentary blues and it was at Marble Slab Creamery in the form of the Rainbownanza in a waffle bowl!! Yes, it is indeed as fabulous as it sounds...sweet cream ice cream with rainbow sprinkles and m&ms in a delightfully crunchy waffle bowl...PLEASE how could you NOT feel better!?!?!


Here's a fun fact: I, for the last two nights, have been able to go to dinner and find my way back to the hotel without the help of Trixie aka my GPS! Yes, I am proud of myself for that, thank you! After, my meal and cure, I came back to the hotel and studied for the test with four other wonderful girls! We have made plans to stay in touch and be BFFs and make trips to see each other (yes you can play Michael W. Smith's song "Friends are Friends Forever" if you want....and yes it is like we are 13 and at summer camp again!!) However, these girls truly have been delightful and tonight we laughed and laughed and studied and laughed! We are all in close proximity to each other, except for Kelley, she lives in Corpus Christi. Together, we are a hilarious pack of strangers!! Here's a blurry picture of us tonight:



So, thats been my fourth day, and tonight is my fifth night and I need to start packing up this room that I have turned into my temporary home. I will be leaving Houston at 4pm tomorrow, yes in traffic, so tomorrow's post will either be really late or I will find a place with Wi-Fi on the way home and blog a quickie. I am almost sad to see this series (yes I dared to call it a series) come to an end. Its been nice to end every day like this. But no worries, I still have one more post to complete this series! So, until next time, dearies, love love!

OH OH OH!!! I almost forgot!! Tonight while in "study group" in the lobby, I saw Quebec. He saw me. I smiled. He smiled. He lingered. I smiled again. He smiled. Then we parted. Nothing really major but there was a moment!

Comments

I'm so glad that you have been enjoying your time in Houston. I'm so proud you are getting to experience big city life the same way I did (alone, exploring, but with some great acquaintances around).

I really love seafood & fish and I have always disliked Landry's. Why didn't you contact me when looking for a place to eat. I've got the websites to guide you & give you some CRAZY options. Resources! Gotta use your resources!

So, you totally need to come visit Lauren & I and my new friends in TN. You need a week and you will probably be laughing so hard- I've got the crazy folk around me once again.
I hate fish. I also hate interrogationesque lighting, which is why I am accused of living in a cave. SO, I could completely relate to your distaste for both. I'm glad you enjoyed your classmates. Working with women can be dicey. We aren't the best coworkers (you know it's true, girls) so it's good (and by good, I mean rare)when you find a group you can enjoy. Or maybe it's just me and I have issues... So now you need to do something else so we can have another series. Blow Quebec a kiss for me. Or make out with him. Whatever... ;)
Jodi said…
I know what you mean about the fish tasting "fishy". Just like deer or hog can taste "wild" or "gamey". It's a southern thing, honey. And DO NOT blow Quebec a kiss. If a normal person did this, it would be ok, but you with your magical magnetic powers, this guy will surely follow you home and... I don't even want to know the next series of strange events that would occur. That lady, "meme", seems awesome. Yes, I want to be that lady also. I always said you have a comfortable aura about you that puts other people, including strangers, at ease. It's one of your gifts. While I have enjoyed hearing about your day to day adventures, and I have absolutely loved your pictures, you must come home. I need you to be within my 15 mile radius. Seriously, I'm having withdrawals and it's time for you to come home. It's nice you had this little "vacation", but enough is enough. Text me the minute you leave, so that I will know you are on the road, and text me when you get hom, so that I know you are home and safe. Love ya. XOXOXOX

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana