First Easter

Night before last I was driving home from Marksville and because my ipod was dead I was forced to scan the radio for some jams. I landed on a couple of fun songs but then I landed on Delilah. Please, bare with me as I bared with Delilah! I have not listened to her in literally 5 years but that night I got suckered in by her soothing manly voice, cheesy songs and stories that pull your heartstrings. I drove down the road as a woman told her story. Her story was one I am sure we have all heard but it never makes the listening easier. She thanked Delilah for what she does because she and her husband used to listen to Delilah's show every night. This woman had just lost her husband of 45 years to cancer. She went on to say that while she has family there with her, there is still a gaping whole in her life where her best friend, her lover, her husband once thrived. She kept her husband at home, even when the cancer had taken his sense of speach, but when they sat in those night hours he found peace holding her hand listening to other's stories and the songs Delilah played. As you can imagine, I was crying buckets by this time and so was Delilah and so was this woman. I just kept thinking "45 years of love and then he's gone!!" Delilah played the song by Diamond Rio called "One More Day" and my tears kept coming. I thought of Greg and I have recently started this journey of love and ALL that goes with such and wondered what it would be like 2 years....20 years...45 years down the road.......Then as the lyrics played

"Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me
It could be for anything
I didn’t ask for money
Or a mansion in Malibu
I simply wished, for one more day with you

One more day, one more time
One more sunset, maybe I’d be satisfied
But then again I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you

First thing I’d do, is pray for time to crawl
Then I’d unplug the telephone and keep the TV off
I’d hold you every second, say a million I love you’s
That’s what I’d do, with one more day with you

One more day, one more time
One more sunset, maybe I’d be satisfied
But then again I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you"


I thought of my Pops and wished he could just have one more day with his Rose, or my Aunt Bonnie getting one more day with her Doug or my mom getting one more day of front porch talks with her mom and my grandma......just one more kiss....one more touch....one more "see ya later alligator" from my grandpa......but would that "one more" ever really be enough?? Then the song ended and my tears were still fogging up my view of the road and my thoughts went to this weekend being Easter....and this is my grandpa's first Easter in heaven and OH what a Glorious day that will be!! I wonder if they give out special things for someone's "first easter" in Heaven...(haha I know, only me!!)...I can only envy my grandpa tomorrow as he gets to celebrate the Ressurection side by side with Jesus. I know that he is NOT envious of me as I celebrate this day in a pew.
I don't really have a conclusion for this heart string I have shared. The tears are flowing and all I really have left to say is this: Cherish every moment you have with the ones you love. Life is precious and life is short; never take for granted the still moments with the ones in your heart for one day they might just be having their first Easter in Heaven. My dearies, I hope you all have a Happy Easter!! And remember to celebrate His ressurection EVERY morning, not just this spring Sunday. Until next time.....

Comments

Amanda T. said…
OMGosh...my vision is blurred as I type this. This is so true! Love you!
TracyBlalock said…
I can only say as I wipe my tears, I could not have said it better. Life is so short and we all take each day for granted. I, too, wondered about the first Christmas, the first birthday and the first Easter in Heaven because I know how I felted when I had to experience the first without my Momma.

Thanks Faith...you also put things in prospective for me when I read your blog. Muah!
Jodi said…
I love that song. I tear up everytime I hear it. I also love reading your blogs. Love your outlook on life.
Alice Head said…
Oh Faith!!! I miss my daddy so much. Thank you for putting in words what I feel in my heart. Just when I think the tears will stop, here come some more. "One more" of anything would not be enough but I still long for it. I love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana