Happy 100th post!!!!




This is my 100th blog post and I wish I had something grand or epic to celebrate it however, I will use this blog post as a catching up, because I miss you guys. (And I like to imagine you miss me!)

Football season is over...and what a sad day that is! Yes, there are things to look forward to like beautiful spring days, the smoldering hot summer days by or in the pool; but let's be honest, we already have our countdown to kick of both SEC and NFL football. Here's (most of) our football family!!


School this semester has been overwhelming already! I am always working on something yet I never feel like I am doing enough. (Very disheartening) Everything needs to be done yesterday!!

I am getting ready to go judge a pageant again, and I am really excited! I had such a blast last year!!  My favorite part is being able to write the girls encouraging notes on their score sheets.  I remember what is was to be fifteen and let me tell you, I never had the courage or self esteem to be on stage like that! Some of these girls wear their insecurities on their shoulders and some behind their hair! Either way I find myself praying for them as I’m writing their score sheet! However, am I looking forward to trying on the tiara again?? yes, yes I am!!!

(this picture also makes me miss my long hair...)


In other school news, I received an email today letting me know that some of my professors have chosen me to be spotlighted! This means I will be interviewed and have cameras following me around on campus, I mean seriously my own day of paparazzi?!?!  YES Please!!

I wrote a paper last week on a most interesting topic answering the question: “Would you rather die for your virginity than be raped?” I made a 100 on it. I am anxious to see if I have any notes from my professor on the paper.
      
Oh can we all just take a moment to be thankful I made an 85 on my first Spanish test……..thank you! I hate that class; I am not going sit here and act like I have fun or enjoy learning another language because I don’t. I am not in that class to try to make me a better person, or so  I can help others with a language barrier feel more at ease; maybe that makes me a bad person but I am only in there because I have to be………….to get my degree in ENGLISH……………………………

This weekend is looking to be a fun one!!! Besides the rain and school work I will be doing, I have a baby shower  and Mardi Gras festivities that include a mini road trip and Daughtry concert with my friend that is of the male sex! The same friend, who I might add, had this surprise waiting at home for me on Valentine's day! 

(at the risk of being super sappy and #thatgirl ... I think he likes me and I think I might feel the same)

So until next time dearies, and I promise a follow up blog to the things mentioned here!!
HAPPY MARDI GRAS!



Comments

Jodi A. said…
I so love this!
Anonymous said…
Heres to my first ever comment on one of your blogs, let's hope I don't cross over a "line". But you did open the door. While mentioning all the "I thinks", I might add I think I might like him too.
TracyBlalock said…
Ok...I like him already but have no clue who he is. Those roses are beautiful!! Have an awesome Mardi Gras and I can't wait to hear more about him.
Alice said…
Ok, I just read your blog and as always it was good but I have 2 requests....I want to read your paper that you talked about (fighting for your virginity or being raped) and second who is the friend of the male sex?

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana