Dinner & Drama

It was a Friday evening. The sun was casting the most glorious glow across the city. HA! Who am I kidding?!?!
Friday night Heath and I went to dinner at the Peking Restaurant on Jackson Street. Lovely, place. I personally enjoyed their music taste. I mean anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Celine Dion so when “My Heart Will Go On” was being belted from the speakers, I had to restrain myself from singing along. However, when Celine Dion is followed by Christmas Music….in June, I know that I have found a new place to call home!
The restaurant is buffet which is usually not my favorite but this night I was super glad with my suggestion to go there. We are sitting have a delightful conversation about the goings and comings of life when out the window I notice some major high school-esque drama taking place. Immediately, Heath and I are intrigued and glued to the window like vulchers. (Shameful, I know!!) There’s a girl outside ranting and raving complete with arm and neck motions (you know the ones!!) about what I am not sure. The only successful attempt at lip reading I came up with was “I am not a whore.” Do with that what you will, like we did. From there we created this whole scenario all the while watching the showdown. I will have you know that we were not alone in this viewing. The boy who was being emasculated in the parking lot, on Jackson Street at 5 o’clock Friday evening, had three of his BFF’s in the restaurant, by the same window watching it and commentated. At the table behind me was an older couple who also joined Heath and me in our vulcher-like stance and were cracking up as much as we were.
So, back to the action, the girl proceeds to wipe off the “I ‘heart’ U” that she previously had written all over his truck with deodorant all the while they are still fighting. She then proceeds to write other various things on his windows. The boy turns to walk in and his friends make their way back to their table like we all weren’t just watching this Jerry Springer action!! However, because we are who we are, Heath and I keep watching the girl who is slamming car doors and waiting like a lion about to pounce on its dinner. Oh and believe me she was ready to pounce!!
The boys pay and walk out. The little crazy girl gets out of her vehicle and proceeds to try to block the boy from leaving. He walks away, at this point never laying a hand on her all the while she is hitting at him!! He gets into his friend’s truck with the rest of the guys and they are driving off to leave, when she proceeds to key the drivers side of his truck. Still taking the high road, the boys leave the crazy girl to stew.
Heath and I go back to eating because we think well that was entertaining, and I do have to let you know that for your reading purpose I am leaving out a lot of details of the fight, just hitting the high points. By this point we are on dessert and discussing a possible movie viewing when the BIG redneck-esque truck drives back up and “the boy’s” friend jumps out of BIG red and ruuuuuuns for his life to his friends truck. Safely he gets in but not before crazy chick gets out, slams her car door, and proceeds to pull the windshield wipers off of “the boy’s” truck. Now, when I say windshield wiper I mean hinges and ALL!!! So ole’ boy’s friend isn’t moving the truck well because CRAZY is still hanging on the side of the truck (talk about desperate). After “the boy” sees his windshield wipers being flung into the parking lot, he gets out of BIG RED and LEAPS across the lot to her car and like a monkey starts trying to rip her windshield wipers off. Now, I have to say that obviously these are mature people in the world, but from my observation that boy didn’t have a chance because he struggled with his windshield pulling off, she on the other hand, obviously a woman scorned, had NO problem!! At this point, there’s debris in the parking lot, “the boy’s” friend has decided he needs some nicotine, so he’s leaned up against the truck smoking away while he’s watching them two scream and yell and start getting physical; I am wondering when I took a wrong turn at Crazy-Town and wondering if this is really happening and does it happen to others??!!? Meanwhile, the people in the restaurant have now, again, gathered around my window to watch such things and NO ONE CALLS THE LAW!! She smacked the boy in the mouth and he began to bleed, however, ten minutes later they were wrapped in each other’s arms kissing, crying and apologizing, saying their I love you’s.
Obviously, my dear friends, they should write a book on their relationship, if for nothing else a laughable read. You will be happy (I guess?!?) to know that we found out a little background from one of his friends. They are all around 18 and 19 years old, just babies in the world, and she’s “a crazy girl, not the fun crazy!”
This concluded our evening because all for the price of a lovely buffet we got a free reality TV show: The Rednecks Days of Our Lives.


Lesson to be learned here: If you want him back, rip his windshield wipers off his beloved vehicle.

I included some pictures we took to document such a fun event!!
Have a Happy Day!!


Comments

Anonymous said…
it was fun times...the fried pork is so tasty!
Unknown said…
Clearly, the party follows you!!!!!!!!! :) We must do something together because I want to experience the same loveliness that you encounter. And we can do it all with Celine in the background.....:)
Faith said…
OH THAT sounds FABULOUS!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

What I’m Loving Wednesday