Motherhood

Some of you might wonder why I am writing a post on motherhood when infact I am not yet a mother. Truth is, I always thought at this point in my life I would be however life had other plans. I guess my maternal hormones are working in overdrive these days with my friends having babies. It's kinda crazy!! However, I have had the utter privelege of playing pseudo mommy to Asher these past few days and I have learned a thing or two about the club of motherhood that I want to be apart of one day! I am sure some of you can relate to some of my findings!!

I learned that no matter what kind of day you have had, when you walk in the daycare room and that little face beams with joy at the sight of you and those little chunky hands reach for you; nothing else matters.
I learned that privacy in the bathroom while getting ready, is really overrated.
I learned that when you are holding a sleeping angel, your bladder really can wait longer than what is probably healthy.
You can bake a cake while being a jungle gym or fort for a busy 2 year old.
Playtime at 4am is nothing less than pure joy and delicious love.
I learned that sleep is not always needed, especially with a kickboxer in your bed.
A queen size bed is not always big enough for you and a two year old.
I learned that when there's a two year old in your bed, you are a very light sleeper and the slightest sound arouses you.
I learned that a ponytail is a successful good hair day!
I learned that when the man you love holds that little one, there's a perfection in your universe if only for a moment.
A new toy can be a simple water bottle with beans in it!!
Also, you learn that your two hands can carry alot more than you ever dreamed!
There's an ungodly amount of bodily fluids that can secrete themselves from such small beings!!
A stare down between me and a two year old over the word NO can last for 20 minutes.
I am a jungle gym.
I learned that sitting down, unless holding the child, is really a useless task.
I learned I could get "fussed at" by a two year old for sitting down to eat my dinner!
It is possible for you to have two shadows!!
The kisses or fingerprints on the mirrors are the sweetest "messes"!
If he cries, your heart breaks no matter what!
Oh, the faith of a child!
The unconditional love a child has for people makes me teary and I want that love for people!
I wonder if his bo-bo hurts more than my heart when my kiss doesn't make it better?
Sometimes, you or they will wear more food than they actually eat!
There's nothing sweeter than a big smile and chunky arms reaching for you!

Asher and I had a a few fun filled days!! They were full of walking, dirty diapers, sleepless nights, bathtime, pool time, the most delicious kisses, the sweetest cries, the sharpest teeth known to man, painting, teething and new games! I am writing this and tearing up because I literally miss his pitter patter on floor...or his loud screams in german (his chosen language)...his little giggle...and yes even his heartbreaking cry. I know that sounds crazy; I'm telling you these maternal hormones are insane!! I so enjoyed playing pseudo mommy! I have never felt more loved or needed in my life! I also confirmed to myself that I would make the WORST foster mother, because I would adopt ALL of the children!!! So, with that I will leave you with some pictures from his "vacation with FeFe!"

This is mid "I believe I can Fly" stance


Our New Game


A little self love!


Today's Wardrobe: CHEESE GRITS


FeFe and Asher in the Pool



Tell me this doesn't make you all warm and fuzzy!?!?!


Hanging with the big boys


PAINT!!!



And we are besties!


Thank you, Asher, for being such a blessing in my life!! I love you!!

Comments

Amanda Trisler said…
Oh Faith! This is my MOST FAVORITE post of yours! Asher is such a cutie! And you will indeed make a wonderful mother. Any child will be blessed to be your child.
TracyBlalock said…
I was alittle hesitate when I read the title but knew that it had to be Asher's vacation with you. I'm so glad you have the opportunity to experience what it's like and still have the desire to do it. Just hang in there girl..your time will come...and I'll remind you of this post when you've been months without sleep. =)
Faith, motherhood is amazing. You know how much you love this little boy? When you have your own, it won't even compare. You'll still love this little one, but you'll love your own so much more! I thought I would never love my own more than my nieces and by my surprise, you're heart can fit much more love than you can even imagine. When your time does come, you'll be a great mom!
Thank you for taking such good care of him! I never worry when he is with you. :) You WILL make a great Mommy. I just hope Asher can learn how to share his FeFe! We love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Lovin' My Louisiana

Faith's Fluffy Friday

Big Girl in a Big City: Day Three, Night Four