Today was good.

January 11, 2013
If I wrote in a diary every day, today’s entry would read something like this:

Today, January 11, 2013, was a day full extreme emotions. I grieved, laughed, cried for joy and grief, but most of all, I lived. I saw life ending, life beginning and life being. I saw life through the eyes of dirty little boys and heard the laughter and mystery of a lioness’ roar. I saw grief in the eyes of a 12 and 7 year old that I love dearly. I saw God’s merciful hand in a single tear drop. I laughed til my head hurt over some kings and queens and good food. I was “mama fefe” until my ovaries literally ache with desire. I was welcomed by a goat of all things. Confessions flowed from tongues and fell on open, prayerful hearts.

Tonight, as I reflect on this day, I am exhausted and thankful that today I felt every emotion that I felt. I am thankful that today, I lived. I wept for the memories mercifully taken from the future. I cackled at the yesteryear’s ignorant bliss and today’s chapter. Time ticked away today; and all I want to do is bottle today up and cherish it forever.

It’s interesting, the concept of time that is, ticking away as my fingers move across the keyboard. I stop to think, as if I am stopping time. I guess in a way, time is stopping for this entry; for no life is being given to words when the dance on the keyboard pauses. In a sense I am bottling today up forever.

Among the colorful display of emotions today held for me, I felt them with an intense peace. A peace that allowed me to not be anxious; to live life today; to appreciate the merciful time stopping for one, the beauty of time beginning for others and the pure joy of seeing life through the eyes of some amazing little boys; a peace that allowed me to grieve an adopted grandparent and be thankful for his time; but, most of all a peace that brought me a sense of contentment and hope. And that is a peace that I am thankful for and want to bottle up.

Today was good.

Comments

Martha S. said…
You are awesome

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana