Gone Forever


   Don’t “they” say the first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one? Well, here: I have a food addiction. I have an unhealthy lifestyle. I am fat. There are those words staring me in the face. The words have now been given life in the form of an admission and I now control what happens.
   For so long, too long, I have tried to lose weight, but I never really wanted to admit I was fat and in an abusive relationship with food. Good day? Rewarded myself with food. Had a bad day? Drowned my sorrows in bites, felt fat? Ate cake! Felt skinny? Ate cake! You can even scroll through old blog posts where I have poured myself out about wanting to lose weight. Here’s the deal: I was so focused on losing weight that I instantly became a failure. What I needed to focus on was a lifestyle change: a healthy mindset that overflowed into the physical realm.
  
   Since forever, I have struggled with my weight. I know how it is to look in the mirror and see labels of “fat” and “not good enough.” I also know that these are lies of bondage that make me bury my self-esteem and woes in a bowl of ice cream or a cheeseburger or chocolate. It has forever been my unhealthy relationship with food that has defined my outward body image which in turn affects my internal view of myself. It’s a domino effect that keeps me on this hamster wheel of unhealthiness.

   My cousin first started on Advocare and saw amazing results. Advocare is not a diet or get skinny quick process. Advocare is the first step to a lifestyle change. I was once curious about Advocare products, but now I am a believer *insert Smash Mouth’s song of the same title*.  (And please know I am not trying to sell you anything. I just want to share my journey!) These products are natural vitamins and supplements. The first 10 day phase of the 24 day challenge is the cleanse phase. This phase cleanses your body of all the crud that we put in it and restores your body to function how it was designed to function in food digestion and fat burning. The 14 day phase of the 24 day challenge is referred to the max phase in that you will see more results.
   Besides seeing results, within the first 3 days I felt the results. I felt like a new person. I had more energy. I didn’t feel sluggish after eating nor did I feel guilt for eating because I was eating foods that my body wants and needs. The hardest part of this journey to a healthy lifestyle change is the mental battle. All of my life I have been ruled by cravings and the feeling of failure when it comes to my weight and food. I came to a point where literally something snapped. I wanted a change and I knew it had to start in my mind. I determined that I was going to take control of my cravings and own them rather than having them own me. I don’t say “I can’t have that,” but rather, “I don’t eat that.” You will be surprised how this adjusts your mental state.

   Now that I have just completed the 24 day challenge, the way of thinking about food is easier.  In fact, it became easier along the way. In my own journey, I came to a point where I realized that I only get one body in this life. I get one chance at this. I have diabetes and heart disease on both sides of my family and cancer is rampant on my mom’s side. And obviously, I am going to be an older mother. I don’t want my weight to hinder me from playing with my children and being an active mother. My “tomorrow” begins “today.” Your “tomorrow” begins “today.”
I refuse to be defined by my weight and health. I am making the steps to change this definition as only I can do. You can do this too! I look forward to walking this journey with you. On day one, I weighed and measured. On day 24, I weighed and measured. I officially lost 10 pounds and 11.5 inches forever! My sister lost 9 pounds and 15 inches forever!

   I know I have taken up so much of your time now. I know I can see/feel it in my clothes. If you have any questions at all, let me know!!! If you are interested in making this change, I am here and can send recipes or you can look on my Pinterest board of “Healthy Eatings,” because let’s be honest, that’s the motherboard of everything these days. I, who doesn’t really enjoy cooking, have had so much fun experimenting with new foods and recipes.

And since I apparently don't care right now, here are some pretty atrocious before/after pictures:


 
   I do not claim to know it all, but I would be honored to have you join me on this journey. We can do this together.

Comments

Wow, Faith! You are looking amazing! :) Congrats on your success!
Anonymous said…
Oh my girls, I'm so proud of what you have both done. You have inspired me and I am now on day 13. I too feel so much better. As I read your blog I thought, this is my story. Well this is a lifestyle change. I have always had a sweet tooth, but have not craved them like I used to, I even attended a party last night with cupcakes galore everywhere and was not even tempted in the least. They even looked repulsive to me. I am so proud of both of you and can't express it in words like I would like to. Your Dad.

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana