It's A New Year!

Sorry I am late posting this--I know none of you were able to officially start your New Year without it--hahaha!


Every year, I write a reflective end of the year blog around New Year's Eve. In past years, I have reflected month by month complete with pictures for this post. However, this year, I think I am changing it up---I mean my two readers don't really care, do you?!?---okay then!


2013 was full of lessons, discoveries, and journeys, but in this blog, I will relive the 13 highlights of '13.

13 highlights of 2013


Lost weight---This is a continuous journey, but 35 pounds and 26 inches lost and kept off is a big deal!! Next year, well at the end of this year, I hope to be posting a picture in my first two piece swimsuit---hahaha--okay I won't scar my two readers:-)


Teaching---What a glorious and surreal event---I am officially a teacher in Rapides Parish. Scary, right?!?! It has been such a wild ride getting to this point that I can't help but feel that the wild ride only just began.



Graduated---I mean that's kind of a big deal right?!? I graduated college and am a real life teacher, ya know responsible for molding the minds of the future. No pressure. Just another day in what I do and who I am.



ADS and Bull Bash---oh the boy of 2013--yes, there was a boy for about 7 months of this year. And it was special (at the time....) and I kept it to myself, also because I didn't want to jinx it. Well-- he came into my life and made me believe in love again.  He came in like an unexpected hurricane and stirred things up---and as fast as hurricanes come and go, so did he. With no warning and no explanation. Ironic, that the very one who restored my hope in love crushed it into a million pieces when he left.  At least I got some country girl experiences out of it, right?!? However, I found these words and I feel like they sum it all up:


"She moved on, and 
I feel sorry for you
because she thought 
you were the most amazing boy ever.
If she could have had any guy in the world, 
she still would have picked you.
Now, you're just 
another part of her past,
a memory more faded every day.
And someday, she'll find the one
she deserves, and he will make her 

the happiest girl in the world."

......Or at least I am still trying to hold on the hope that believes that last sentence....it's a cruel world!


Gained a cousin---What a beautiful picture of God's faithfulness. My cousin Clint married Cristi and I gained a sister. Cristi and her beautiful daughters are now apart of our family and I can't imagine life without the sister my heart has found in Cristi. I thank the Lord everyday for His faithfulness in her life, his life, and thank Him for bringing them together.
                                        


Beth--One of the best things about 2013 was that I got to spend real life face to face moments with my best friend Beth. I got to build a relationship with her son, Ben, and have fallen in love with her newest addition, Whitman.

NOLA Mardi Gras-- Hello! How could this not be one of the highlights?!?! I am obsessed with New Orleans and I love Louisiana culture, so getting to spend a piece of Mardi Gras weekend in New Orleans was just fantastic!! Plus, the company was pretty spectacular! 
                                         
BG31--Oh, my sweet "little brother," who left this world too soon. January of 2013 was a shock with his death, but not a day goes by that I don't think of him and that smile. I am a better person for having him in my life!

Conference and "Wicked"--In May, I was honored to be presenting at a conference in New Orleans. This conference has traditionally been reserved for college professors only, but some schoolmates and I worked with a professor on some techniques on teaching writing. Our findings were accepted to be presented at this conference. What an exciting honor!! However, I did get the stomach virus or food poisoning episode from hell and bonded with my schoolmates in ways we should've never bonded...seems I have a habit of doing this..... 

Before the conference, I was able to see the Broadway play, "Wicked." This experience was a beautiful array of emotions---I know. It's pathetic!



DC--Also, in May I flew by myself for the first time. I went to Washington D.C. for the first time and I had the time of my life with one of my best friends from junior high! I am so blessed with life long friendships!

                                          
Like contest for pictures--So, my friends and I can be a little manic and competitive, apparently, even on  a Facebook like contest. We harassed everyone's newsfeed for 3-4 days, demanding that they "like" our picture to win a color fun photo shoot! How sad is that!?!? But, it was so fun and I never expected my competitive nature to come out on Facebook likes---its sad even now as I type that. However, the shoot was a blast!

                                              

Ten year reunion-- *gulp*  I have been out of high school for 10 years. Yikes! we had our ten year reunion in October and I had more fun than I ever imagined I would. And I even found "flourishing friendships" that I just don't know how I lived without before October.





Family/friends/weddings and births--2013 held a lot of new babies, weddings, and reconnecting with friends and family---These moments are priceless and I hope 2014 holds many more!!

So as the clock keeps ticking and 2014 shows it's face, I know that life goes on...and it's never too late to make a change whether it's for physical health or spiritual health (see my post Christmas blog). 2014 will be my last year in my 20's---I just choked typing that.

I hope you all have a Happy 2014!! Until next time, Dearies!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana