A Teacher's Brain on Day One

teacher's brain on the first day of school is a scary place. Actually, it's a scary place anytime. At any given point there are 5-10-15 thoughts happening, while managing a group of learners. It's exhausting, but it will keep you on your toes. 

Here's a glimpse into my brain today:

*alarm goes off*

"Noooooooo!!!!!!!! It can't be!! Omgah the kids are coming today."

"What am I going to wear? No. No. No. Yes!"

*at school*

"I bet the copier is full. Or jammed."

"These new kids---will I like them? Will they like me?"

"Why am I so hungry???"

"Seriously, need a potty break."

"Why did I wear these shoes?" 

"Who invented bras anyway?"

"It's only 9am?!?!?!"

"Why won't that kid stop whispering while I'm talking?"

"Seriously, dude, I know you're still texting or snapping or whatever."

"Oh, yes!!! They believed my bluff!!"

"Oh crap!! That one totally sees through my bluff!"

"Why am I so tired?!?!"

"My throat is parched, but I can't pee for another 2 hours. Oh, to just have the simple freedom of a potty break."

"This is going to be a long year with this class."

"Oh, I'm going to miss these kids in May."

"I wonder so-n-so is doing?? Probably peeing at leisure and having a nice sit down lunch. Heifers."

"I have no clue what I'm doing. I wonder if they can tell that."

"Don't laugh too hard---you have to pee. Focus. It's not that funny anyway. Focus." 

"That one. Yeah, he cracks me up."

"That one. Oh, my heart breaks." 

"Should've just passed that one last year."

"These kids are just staring at me. Is something on me? Oh gosh, there's probably a bug on me. Ugh. Yeah there's a bug. I'm gonna freak out."

"Okay. No bug."

"I should get cranberry juice  it's good for bladders, right?"

"How many times am I gonna have to say the same thing over and over and over and over?!?"

"Will I ever feel like I know what I'm doing?"

"I should tell that kid to tuck his shirt in."

"I love what I do."

"I love these kids."

"Is it May yet?"

"When's the next holiday?"

"I'm gonna need wine tonight."

"Am I even qualified to be up here? I don't know what I'm doing. At. All."

"Lord, please guide my mouth and steps."

*at home*

"Don't sit down. Don't sit down. Don't sit down. Dang it. I sat down."

"It's too early in the year for dry shampoo. Get out of the recliner and shower."

"What am I even doing in class tomorrow??"

While it's exhausting, I love what I do. My brain hurts almost daily, and my heart grows almost daily. I'm sure these thoughts have confirmed that I'm a little cray-cray, but I'm a teacher, I think that's a requirement. For the life of me, I couldn't imagine doing anything else---at least right now 😜. 

Here's to a great year!!

Until next time dearies!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovin' My Louisiana

No Day But Today!

Faith's Fluffy Friday