A Teacher's Soundtrack

During any moment throughout the school day, a teacher's brain has 3,486 thoughts running.  I have seen an internet meme that has about 3,486 internet tabs open as an example and I couldn’t agree more. So, if we are using that as an example, one of those tabs is his or her soundtrack--the soundtrack of lyrics to songs that we can't sing out loud. Lyrics to songs that are probably inappropriate, but somehow seem appropriate in our adult mind that lives in a non-adult world at school. 

So, before we begin this testing season this week, I wanted to share some of the soundtrack that runs through my mind. However, you must not read if you are going to judge:)

Who knows, maybe you can relate to a song or two!

Teacher’s Soundtrack with Lyrics:

Anytime while on duty: 
"Y'all better not fight in this [place]"

In the classroom on any day where anything might distract them:
“Y'all gon' make me lose my mind up in HERE, up in here 
Y'all gon' make me go all out up in here, up in here 
Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL up in HERE, up in here 
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool up in here, up in here” 


When you learn to choose your battles with the kids:
"Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know!
Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!”

When a parent/coworker or even kid is being extra snarky: 
“it's gonna be alright
'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off”

When your non-teacher friends talk about the new bag or shoes they bought and the only thing you’ve bought lately is more crap for your classroom:
 
“I've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore
You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty!
But who cares? No big deal,
I want more…”

When your non-teacher friends talk about "doing lunch" 
“…I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see, wanna see them dancing
I'm ready to know what the people know
Ask 'em my questions
And get some answers
(What’s a fire and why does it - what's the word?
Burn?)
Wish I could be
Part of that world”

When a student is mumbling under their breath about you or the assignment:
“Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go”

When the work is just too much and you're considering a career change:
“I’m bout to hit the club
And dance like a stripper
Dance like a stripper
And dance like a stripper
I’m bout to hit the club
And Dance Like a Stripper”


During those looooooooooong testing hours:
I'm a survivor (what?)
I'm not gon' give up (what?)
I'm not gon' stop (what?)
I'm gon' work harder (what?)
I'm a survivor (what?)
I'm gonna make it (what?)
I will survive (what?)
Keep on survivin'(what?)

When the kids are testing you:
“R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB”

When you have repeated the directions 50 times and you are still being asked the same question:
"Let me clear my throat!"


Bonus Tracks:
Beginning of the school year:
“Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends”

End of the school year:
"We owe to ourselves to have a little fun
The pace car's pacin' now the green flag's wavin'
Uh, oh another six-pack summer comin'
Sing to me babe I'll be your dashboard drummer and
Let's turn the radio up as loud it can go
Got the ultra-ray wraparound sunglass vision
Got the sails up iced down a cool ambition
Just to relax and let the six-pack summer roll”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

What I’m Loving Wednesday