Rambling Poem

Betrayal.Desperation.Hurt.Forgiveness.Growth

You lied for months.
Made me a fool.
You didn't lie by omission.
You lied with words
with actions
with smiles
with charms.

You became desperate,
desperate for conversation
but most of all
desperate for attention
and at whatever cost.
You threw it away
what you said you valued
all for some attention.
even with my secrets 
in your heart
you chose you.

The hurt swarms.
The hurt changes.
The hurt is like the ebb 
and flow of the tide.
I can't explain it.
I can't hide it
Though I try.

I know I'm to forgive 
The transgressions.
I know this is a growth 
process.
I know I want Him more
Than I want to slap you.
Well, most days, that is if I'm honest.
So forgiveness, too
Is like the ebb and flow the tide.

The hardest lesson 
Is learning not to trust
And to trust.
That forgiveness isn't 
Your key in
But my key out
Out of the hurt
Out of the anger
Out of the bitterness
Out of the false world I believed in. 

Growth.Forgiveness.Hurt.Desperation.Betrayal.

"When all you see is your pain, you lose sight of Me." 
So, I change how I 
See it all.
I choose how this
Affects me.
I choose how this
Is defined in my story.
Because it is MY story after all.

Growth. Forgiveness. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana