Holiday Cheer

I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving! I know my family and I did. It was full of family, fun, food, football (could I have one more "f"??) and laughter! Thanksgiving also came with its bittersweet moments for this was the first without my grandpa. He was definitely missed. Even though he had gotten to the point that he was not supposed to eat food by mouth, he loved to come help in whatever way he could, and he would sneak him a taste or two ;). It truly is the little things that you miss the most. Never take for granted the small things, that may seem insignificant. I promise you, those are the things you will remember most.

For Fun, I will throw in random pictures:This is my mom, Aunt Margie, Aunt Martha, Hannah and Yours Truly on Thanksgiving. These ladies are so dear to me!!


Well, Christmas time is definitely here! Lights sparkling, carols in the air, hot chocolate every evening by the fire and SNOW!!! WHAT?? Am I the only one that is totally elated about the possiblity of SNOW the next few days??? I got uber excited when I read that it could even snow a little tomorrow afternoon when a friend and I are supposed to go do some shopping. Honestly, my first thought was "OH MY!! IT WILL FEEL AND LOOK JUST LIKE THE PICTURE 'SILVER BELLS' PAINTS!!" After Thanksgiving, Christmas immediately overtakes our house. 4 weeks is just not enough for me!! So I try to get in extra minutes when I can! Not only have I decorated two trees at my house but my mom's office gave me a strict budget of $20 to re-do their tree. Hey, not to brag but I was very impressed with the outcome on that budget!! Here's a picture!


While I was shopping for deals and Wal-Mart I had a few run ins with some people that left me laughing and saying "WWJD", no lie!!! First off, I am shopping in the Christmas department deciding between two different themes when this girl passes me, the only person on the aisle, and exclaims "HEEEY GIRL!! HOW ARE YOU!!??" then she kept walking. Mind you, I have not one ounce of a clue as to who she was and I think that is why she kept walking cause I heard the guy she was with say "um, who was that??" She was jubilant and would have loved to be her friend, she definitely had the Christmas spirit, I just didn't have a clue who she was! So, back to shopping I go, I get the things I need for the silver and red themed tree and go to check out. Now, I am walking up to the checkout line minding my business, being holly jolly, when this girl runs in front of me and staring me down the whole time, DARING me to say something. Ended up, she got in front of me to save a spot in line for her "man" who had the buggy. Now, there they are standing in front and the guy KNOWS what she did and keeps looking at me with fear. (which is HILARIOUS!) I politely smile at him while in my head I am trying to picture what I would do if I would let my inner Madea come out........(you know you have one too!!!) One last time he looks at me, while his woman walked over to eyemasters and I suddenly felt fine that they skipped me, its really not a big deal. It also helped because by the look of the ornaments they were buying, they were going to have a tragically ugly Christmas tree. (Isn't that terrible of me?!?!) If you think the run ins with people are done, you are sadly mistaken, while I am basking in their ugly decorations this lady taps me on the shoulder and says "Ma'am, do you mind if I go in front of you, I only have two things...you have six." I, for a moment, stood there with my mouth gaping open that someone had the gall to ask that, maybe cause I dont care if I had one item I would NEVER have the gall this woman did...Plus I was on a time schedule...buuuut WWJD came to mind, when really I wanted to go with WWMD!! After finding my voice and picking my jaw off the floor....I said "Sure!! Not a problem, go ahead." So, she got in front of me...checked out and right before she left she thanked me and I told her to have a Merry Christmas.

I finally get to check out and go on my merry holly jolly way, still appauled at some people. While waiting to pull out of Wal-Mart, I guess I was being too safe for this one lady, cause she speeds around me and pulls out into the middle of traffic, while trying to light her cigarette, people, please be safe!!!

I will update on the diet tonight or tomorrow! Promise!!
I am leaving you with some pictures of my cozy living room and trees! Merry Christmas, lovies!!!





Comments

Jodi said…
Wow. You did great on $20.00. I should let you redo mine. And yes, the craziness of the Holidays is just beginning. Madea is my idol.
Anonymous said…
snarky is as snarky does. you're good with a budget!
TracyBlalock said…
That is amazing, the office tree I mean. Oh and the fact that you are so jolly is why people have all the nerve in the world. I mean, honestly Faith, have you ever said "no" to anyone? You are my idol. =)

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana