Twenty Six and a Half


26 and a Half

Yesterday I turned 26 and a ½. Yes, I do celebrate my 1/2 birthday and I enjoy every second. There’s not a party however how much fun would THAT be!?!? Everyone has a surprise birthday party…but a surprise ½ birthday party!?!? THAT would be a riot of fun! Maybe you think I am crazy but why not celebrate your ½ birthday? It’s not about getting older or maybe it is. Maybe it is about gaining another six months of life. You are alive and you have breath in your lungs…celebrate!

I absolutely love birthdays well, really I love most holidays but I have this obsession with birthdays and celebrating YOU! My birthday is January 16; 20 days from Christmas and usually its celebrated by the nation in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. In school I always had a three day weekend the week of my birthday so I mean really how could I NOT love my birthday?? So why the ½? Well…. Why not the ½?

Why not  celebrate yourself more often than your birthday? And I am not talking about this narcissistic  view of just being full of yourself, but I am talking about celebrating who you are and what you love. Celebrating life and the breaths you take. Celebrating that you have been blessed  regardless of your current storm in life. Celebrating with indulgence. Celebrating---taking a minute out to make clouds take on life; wishing on a dandelion as it blows in the wind; playing in the rain; making mud pies; wearing a tiara; making yourself a cake; giggling out loud…alone.

Don’t think of your birthday as “just another day” or “getting older” Remember Psalm 139. You were “fearfully and wonderfully made.” Every little part of you was carefully planned out in detail by the God of ALL creation. Your birthday was NOT ”just another day”  but yet another day that God’s will came to fruition with your birth. SO celebrate because YOU are worth celebrating, even on your ½ birthday! God celebrates you everyday. You are always on His mind when He paints those glorious sunrises and peaceful sunsets.

Celebrate Life.
Until next time dearies!



Comments

Love it!!! and You! happy half!
Alice said…
LOVE, LOVE LOVE THIS!!! My 1/2 birthday is March 22!!!
TracyBlalock said…
My whole birthday is Monday and I'm thinking when is my 1/2 birthday, it's January 25th! I wish I had the enthusamium you have though. lol I hope you never lose it!
Haha.. I think my "half birthday" Would be Dec. 2 -- the day after my anniversary! How cool is that?! Maybe I could get an extra present out of the deal.. hmm.... ;)

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

What I’m Loving Wednesday