Kids and Clay


As my days as summer nanny to my boys are quickly coming to an end, I want to leave you with this entry on my blog. Keeping two boys this summer has been a joy! They have taught me so much and made me heartily laugh! They have also helped rejuvenate the child within me and with that child, the child like faith I had allowed life to take away. I never LOST faith but I had a skeptical faith. The puns are ridiculous I know I will refrain, I promise. I believe with my entire being that this summer was God ordained. It was more than an answered prayer for their parents to keep them out of daycare; it was more than an answered prayer for me a summer job; it was actually an answered prayer that I did not know was prayed much less needed answering.

This summer has brought changes in my personal life. Humbling experiences and heartbreak that has truly grown my faith more than I ever dreamed. I can "look" you in the eye and tell you I am good. God has truly held me in the palm of His hand and He has not forgotten about me. He is for not against me. He loves me better yet He likes me...He is fond of me and I am walking in a new light. When I tell you these boys took care of me this summer, they did. Some days they were nanny over me and did not even know it. Sure, we had our days; but God was orchestrating it all. These boys have grown and impacted Miss Faith and my faith.
Thank you boys!! I love you!

I just want to share one of the moments God used the children at play to speak to me. They had gotten a new set of clay. We were at the dining room table, I was mindlessly piddling with the clay for I was more so amazed at the creativity that was flourishing in these boys! While I can be creative, when it comes to clay it stops. Well, my Dyl noticed I was not really playing with the clay in front of me; and like my little man of perception that he is he said "Miss Faith, if you play with it, the easier it is the mold. The more you push on it the softer it gets." I just looked at him; for I knew the words he said were pure and innocent and he had no clue what he just said to me. My spirit stirred and I could the Smile from above and that still small voice said "Same with you, my child. Sound familiar?"

I sat with this hard clay on the table because I really did not have anything in mind to make. I never said anything about the clay being
really hard; but when Dyl spoke I KNEW that is what I needed to hear.

I sat and pushed and pushed and rolled and mashed the clay against the table. Sometimes it crumbled and sometimes it went with my hand. I could not help but be in awe of the parallel.  Yes, we all know the old song "Potter's Hand" and the verses about being made of clay, we know it because we've heard it but do we KNOW it? Do we grasp it? When we are the clay that crumbles in His hand when times are hard and WE are hard? Do we?? Maybe I am in the boat alone here...


The more I mashed or rolled the clay, the softer the clay became; the easier it became to mold. The best part was when the clay was super soft, malleable...flexible however you want to say it, I could see my fingerprints in it. It's just neat to think, that we are in His hands and we mere clay in His hands. He is constantly molding us, that is if we allow it. Maybe you are bitter, angry, hurt, tired or any other feeling that would be valid here
and there's nothing wrong with you, its life. I've been there infact I dare say if I am not still there on some days. It's a process. I am mere clay in His hands and I hope that when people look at me, they don't see me but I hope they see His fingerprints. That's my prayer.

Until next time dearies!

Comments

Alice Head said…
"Through the eyes of a child" WOW!!! Another big hit!!!
Betty said…
OH MY GOSH........ ABSOLUTELY SPEECHLESS.... the most awesome blog ever... Thanks for sharing your GOD given talent...
TracyBlalock said…
Faith...you totally ROCK! I have heard of the Potter's Clay..and I must say...it all makes sense now like never before. Thanks for your blog...you always know what to say but more importantly, when to say it! :0) Miss you!
TracyBlalock said…
I really should proof read before I hit, Publish. I meant, Potter's Hands. LOL I have clay on mind. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

What I’m Loving Wednesday