He is in the Fog


"I will never leave you nor forsake you says the Lord" Hebrews 13:5

Lately, I find my heart in a state of ignorant peace. A peace despite my sense of not knowing what is coming or what is really in my present. All I really know is that I have school and work and I encounter a lot of people everyday and sometimes the budding relationships with these people can throw me for a loop. Sometimes its the development of maturing relationships and how they change over time. Have I lost you?

My state of ignorant peace can only be from the Hand of God, you see my name is engraved in His hand and on His heart. This promise I know is true so I know its not a state of being forgotten by God. He would never forget any of us, we are all constantly on the forefront of His mind. This ignorant peace is overwhelming.

I was recently driving to class one foggy morning. When I reached highway 71, where LSUA is, the fog seemed to grow more dense with every few feet. I kept driving. I literally could only see a few feet in front of me and you can forget about seeing any landmarks or other cars. I carefully drove as my car cut through the fog and then my spirit stirred with a smile.

Ya see, that's how life is. I knew I was on the right road even if I really could not see anything. I kept going, just as in life we should. The fog grew even more dense and my eyes were not distracted by neighboring cars, trees, the oncoming lanes of traffic or the landmarks. My eyes were set straight ahead, just like my heart and eyes should always be; steadfast on the One who cuts through life's fog.

Does anyone else sometimes find yourself in a state of ignorant peace among the fog?

Maybe this post is just for me, who knows. Maybe I am all alone in not really understanding some things but yet being peaceful in this blissful state of ignorance; maybe I am alone in just sometimes being tired and wishing I could DO something TO understand. I may not understand a lot about life or recent circumstances or really what God is doing but I have this peace and this promise and I want to share.

When circumstances are foggy in life, when it seems like you are alone, when it seems like everyone else's desires and prayers are being answered, remember: He is with you. He considers you a friend. He loves you enough to die for you and defeat death itself. He longs to give you the desires of your heart, but we have to respect and trust His timing and not get in the way of His timing or His way; for His ways are not our ways. He is fond of you and me. When the day is done, its not our responsibility to understand the fog, but to be trusting and obedient even in the fog, keeping our eyes on Him.

"Therefore, we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing yes the inward man is being renewed day by day." (2 Corinthians 4:16)

"What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving...Steep yourself in God-reality, God initiative, God provisions. You will find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself." (Luke 12, the Message)

Until next times, dearies!!

Comments

D.B. said…
Excellent blog post about the fog. excellent.
Anonymous said…
I loved your blog... I never read those things but I felt the urge to read it... When I started I just balled! Thank you I needed that very much!! Love you
TracyBlalock said…
Faith, somehow you always know just what to blog about just when I need you to blog about it. Thank you so much for the reassurance that I need and the remind that I, too, am God's girl! I just have to be patience in his presence! Miss you bunches!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana