December 26: The Most Depressing Day

It's day after Christmas. There are 363 days until to magic of Christmas Eve. The wrapping and bows have been ripped with joy and excitement.The new possessions have been put away. The pants are fitting a little tighter, and for the most part, the families have dispersed. 

And the hum drum of the everyday life is upon us. The decorations must come down. The quiet magic has fled. It's just depressing. Sure, this makes the Christmas freaks, like myself, enjoy and cherish this season more because it is just that--a season. But, what if, just what if Christmas lived in each of us every day of the year?


The spirit and magic of the Christmas season, for 2013, is now behind us. I always feel that's there's just something magical about this season. People give more; some smile more; and there's a heightened awareness of family, friends, and humanity in general. During this time, we surround ourselves with "good tidings" of words such as: "Joy," "Merry and Bright," "Peace," "Believe," and the list goes on. These exclamations are words and attributes to adopt on a daily basis. These encompass what the season is all about---giving to others; and for the religious aspect, the birth of Love or Jesus. However, even if one of my two readers doesn't subscribe to the religious meaning of the season, the exclamations are still applicable for a better world.

So, here's my challenge, in trying to make putting the decorations up a little less depressing-- to keep the spirit, joy, and magic of Christmas in my heart and life every day---to never stop smiling at strangers; to always give, even when it hurts; to stop with the impatience---even with the two cash registers being open at Wal-Mart; and to let my smile be genuinely "merry and bright." If we all, put down our picket signs, stopped our ranting tweets and Facebook statuses (or even blogs), if we just stopped the griping and complaining, life would be a much sweeter time. Life is short, so why not subscribe to spirit, joy, and magic for all 12 months instead of just one??


And I know as soon as I post this, my patience will be tried, my smile will want to be a frown, and I will want to post a griping Facebook status----I am human, after all. 


Just my thoughts on this day after Christmas, so until next time, dearies!

Comments

Alice Head said…
Agree!...Just last night Terry told his sister "we'll get together next year" bc of scheduling we missed getting together, my response was "we don't have to wait until next Christmas, we have all year to get together"

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana