*LIGHTS*Camera*ACTION*

It is currently after eleven pm and I am up writing this blog and posting pictures for you my dear fans! (HA! It really hasn’t gone to my head, I promise!) Where do I begin with my adventure “on set”? FROM THE TOP!

My drive to Shreveport Wednesday afternoon was pretty much just a drive. I was mentally going through everything I brought with me, swearing I forgot something that was of dire importance. It was overcast and raining and that my friend, is bad for my hair!! All of these thoughts were running through my mind when my drive became a glorious moment! My I-pod began playing “Power of a Dream” by none other than the great Celine Dion. Naturally, I turned up my volume and you could not have wiped the smile from my face if you would have tried! Of course, this was a perfect song for my drive to my first movie set!! (BTW: If this blogspot had a music option, you would be listening to it like I am now!!! Maybe I’ll you tube it!) SO, there I am belting out right along with Celine, the choir and my own orchestra about the POWER OF A DREAM when the sun breaks through the clouds and it was like God’s spotlight shining down on me through my sunroof!!! Mind you, there was still lightning and it was like the angels were my very own paparazzi!! I laugh because the moment was so cheesy and OH so delightful!!!

Here’s a video of the song (HAHA!)


God’s Spotlight


IT'S ME ON MY WAY!


Upon arriving in Shreveport I went to my Pops’ house and prepared myself! I chose to wear my new Wal-Mart fashionable shirt as my favorite wardrobe choice (yes I said Wal-Mart and fashionable in the same sentence!) I spruced up the “war paint” and ran the flat iron through my hair once again, but you will see later that it was no use! So, this is how I arrived on set!


When I got to the CenturyTel Center, which is where I was told to park (since my driver Jhad a previous engagement) I did not have to wait one second to be whisked away to set. I walked up and a man said “Ma’am! Ma’am Would you like the front seat here?” I looked at the other people waiting and none of them looked like they would jump me, so I politely accepted and went on my way.

ROLLING
I arrived on the set and checked in, went to wardrobe and then went to my place, which was a bleacher! The scenes being filmed were at a “local high school” football game. The Bengals versus the Mudbugs! (Can you tell me who the obvious underdog is??) Two teams but only one crowd. There was a lot of changing shirts from blue and white for the Mudbugs and Orange and Black for the Bengals AND switching sides of the stadium, depending of the angle they were shooting. Which totally makes me appreciate “extras” in movies way more!!

Since it was an outside stadium, smoking was allowed and let me just say that I inhaled so much second hand smoke I found myself craving a cigarette! No worries, D.A.R.E. worked for me and I was able to “just say NO!” but I am pretty sure my lungs aged 40 years during those 12 hours. Thursday morning when I got in my car it hurt to inhale, no lie, I think it was cause the air was “clean”! (hahaha!)

OK--back to the movie!! I met some very interesting and fun people! One guy had the number “13 ½” tattooed on his adam’s apple area, which kind of freaked me out cause there’s so much that could’ve gone wrong with that and what about when he’s old and he gets all saggy skin there?? Will it be 1 ½ then?? OH you want to know what the 13 ½ means? I overheard him telling the girl next to me that it stood for “12 jurors, 1 judge, ½ a chance”. Enough Said??

I also met a guy who has been in over 50 movies and encouraged me to really pursue something! He’s had actual minor speaking parts in movies like Big Momma’s House, DĂ©jĂ  Vu and Mr. Brooks! Did I mention he looks just like the late Billy Mays?? Yeah and he has a SHAM WOW infomercial down to the T!
SEE!!



ACTION
Here’s some pictures of the actual set and actors working. The stars in this movie are Kate Bosworth, James Marsden and James Woods. At one point during the night I was pretty close to them!
The Rainbow over the Stadium




The Game (notice the empty stands)


These are some of the main actors/characters


Kate Bosworth (in the ALL Khaki)& James Marsden (White shirt)






James Wood in a scene and after



And This is me...after being up for 26 hours straight!(notice how the hair is now frizzy and curly! YAY for humidity! hahaha)



Honestly, I don’t really know how to sum up the experience in a blog. It was neat to see how things work on a big scale like that! I’ve been involved in live theatre but this is so different! For one: There are re-dos!!! I did decide that I should have an ear piece and I’m not talking about a blue tooth earpiece; but an earpiece like the one’s “movie people” wear. I’d be cool as a fan! Oh, and I would like to mention that because I have the coolest friends ever (yes all of them!!), when I called my office this afternoon and some friends were asking me about my night, I’m not gonna lie, I totally felt like I was doing a radio interview…………….and I liked it!
Thanks for reading and unless you have questions there’s not much left to say, except for: THAT’S A WRAP!

Comments

TracyBlalock said…
I'm so excited (1) I'm the first to read this and (2) that I know a superstar! How exciting is your life? I mean really, I had no idea that you were such a fun and exciting person. There I was just footsteps away from you for years and NEVER knew. I thought you were so shy...boy was I WRONG! I am really proud of you! And the Celine Dion song...well, it totally rocked!
Shanna said…
Where to begin... Ok... so the 13 1/2 tatt... interesting and it made me laugh. He's a clever one! I am glad you were able to have this experience and that it was such a great one for you. Like we needed any more reason to call you Diva! You know I love you! I can't wait to hear about this in person to see the twinkle and sparkle in your eyes... cause I'm sure they will. BTW: you hair looked awesome at the end of your day. :D
Jodi said…
OMG!!! How cool!! I'm glad you had such a good time. And you will remember these little experiences when you have the leading role in other bigger movies. Ok, 13 1/2---scary. The infomercial guy---he does look a lot like him. Now, we are all going to have to go see the movie together!!! You're awesome. And I liked your hair at the end. I thought it was cute.
Unknown said…
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! I so totally wish that I would have been there. It looks TOTALLY fabulous, and you looked like a movie star the entire time. And Celine....don't you love her??? Rumor is, she is going back to Vegas. I'm already buying my ticket.....
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faith said…
thanks guys!! It was definitely an experience to remember and I hope to have more of them!! Love you all!!!
this definitely was an experience. I so wish I could have been a part of this. I just bubbly with excitement knowing what may come in the future for you. Keep doing this stuff- finding God in the craziest moments (they're the best!) and enjoying life where you are.

That's something that I love about your blog. It's about enjoying life in the regular things, in the ordinary things, just where you are... you don't go and push for the oddities, weirdos, creepers, and strange moments... you wait and they come to you and you see the "significance" of them. =)

So good to be your friend.

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana