Big Girl in a Big City: Day One/Night Two

First off, I would like you all to know that it took me forever to get to sit down and write this post tonight! However, I loved every minute of the journey...well not the part when my computer chord decided to stop working completely and had to go to Best Buy to get one. Here I am $113.69 dollars later, writing this blog. Why does a computer power chord cost so much?? Because I have a Dell...and Dell is not concerned about its customers, and since they don't sell Dell products in any store except Dell.com, I had to buy a univeral chord that comes with about 4,000 pieces and costs WAY too much! So, thanks to a loan from my parents, you my faithful reader(s) are getting this blog tonight! Love you, "Enrique and BeBe"!! =)

After last night's post, I crawled into the most comfortable bed that literally cuddled next to my body and tried to fall asleep. All the elements for sleep were there: comfy bed? check. tiredness: check. pillows in place? check. peace and quiet? che....NOPE! The Holy Ghost Revival was still going strong and it was so LOUD!! (BTW: I am on the third floor but directly above where the meeting was held!) At first, I thought it was someone's TV...then I thought a domestic dispute..then I heard the defining piece of evidence: a very LOUD "LORD JESUUUUUS" and that is when I knew...it would be a while....(and it should be noted that I am THANKFUL it was a revival and not the other two...and in NO WAY am I being blasphemous!) Today, I learned that last night was the end of the Revival...so I will not be able to attend as first thought.

This morning started off like any other Monday morning for work, so I will skip all the "boring" stuff and get straight to the "good stuff". Oh wait first, here's a picture of me on my first day...YES I look goofy buuuuut I can make fun of myself just like anyone else so..HA
Day One:


I get to the office and the day was full of the "boring" orientation information, mostly stuff I have had in different sessions over the last four years, however, you do learn something new everyday. Today, I learned about Gung Ho. In a thirty minute video I learned about Gung Ho and Gil Birmingham, who plays Billy Black in Twilight, was in this short film...so obviously the Twilight infiltration into my day was a hilarious one! Gung Ho is Spirit of the Squirrel, Way of the Beaver and Gift of the Goose....have I lost you yet?? I was thinking "wow, these people are crazy with their cheesy videos that have bad fashion" BUT then I watched the "cheesy video with bad fashion" and learned more about Gung Ho and well, I drank the kool-aid. I won't go into detail but to sum it up it goes something like this: Spirit of the Squirrel is knowing that your work IS worthwhile in the grand scheme of things; choose to make each day more productive than the last and enjoy each day. Way of the Beaver is letting everyone have input in their own work; respect; and the Gift of the Goose: cheering each other on, encouragement from the top on down! Those three things equal Gung Ho. How?? I don't really know...its just what I am told!
Here's a picture of my desk space this week..therefore if you find yourself thinking "I wonder what Faith is doing?" this week, you will now be able to picture me sitting there...HAHAHA!!


The rest of the day was full of more information and packets and signatures...along with the banana dance. Yes, you read correctly "the banana dance." However, there is no way to blog about that soooo MAYBE one day I will show you....IF you are lucky ;)

Tonight, I decided, after the Best Buy purchase to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. I went alone, obviously, and would you believe it I LIVED!! There was football, Honey BBQ boneless wings and a nice cold Dr. Pepper. I ate, I loved it and I left. I came back to the hotel and this is where the fun begins, IF You are still reading, that is! I came back and there was a small gathering of people watching the Monday night game. I stopped just for a moment and then got to talking to this....to this man. He was not a boy nor a guy but a well established MAN in society. Sometimes I still feel like a little girl, but no I am a young woman....and he was a grown MAN, probably 45-50. We talked for a bit about nothing and everything. I learned that he is from Quebec and now lives in Massachusetts, Oh by the way from now on "the well established man" will be referred to AS Quebec. He is very cultered full of stories from all over the world and an airplane engineer! HELLO! It was a great time watching the game for a bit and GREAT conversation. Quebec is french and tall and broad with beautiful green eyes, a sultry accent AND he even spoke a little Italian...THAT is when I became a smart young woman of society and said to myself "It is time to walk away, he's beautiful and speaking a beautiful language with a NIIIICE accent."

SO here I am in my room, blogging away...and I look out my window to my "oh so lovely view" of a creepy almost empty parking garage:



I say almost because there are two very sketchy cars stillin there and I am CONVINCED I will witness a crime one night this week....So you better at least check back for THAT because I know this entry hasn't been very exciting. I am signing off now to get my much needed beauty rest for Day Two. Until next time, love love!

Comments

Jodi said…
I knew you should have brought my gun. I will now be checking in with you periodically. And stay away from Quebec. He sounds sketchy....and old. And, please stop drinking the koolaid, it's scaring me.
Yes, it WAS exciting. I love reading your blogs, so thank goodness for Enrique and BeBe! I am not going to make any comment on "the way of the Beaver." By the way, did you hear anyone yelling that they were "living for the Lort"? Looking forward to Day 3!"
P.S. 45 is not old. For you, maybe, but not in general. I'm just saying...
Let me say that I couldn't stop laughing after "LORD JESUUUUUS"... I'm still laughing as I type this. Your dinner sounded YUMMY... but now I'm totally confused how God put you in path with a normal man and NOT a freak!?!?!

Oh and I'm pretty sure if you would have wandered over to the Galleria then you would have found a Dell store- yes MA'AM... Should have asked your geek friend about that! I did work at the Circuit Shi.. I mean Circuit City.

I probably should be asking God that some crazy stuff really star happening real soon or I'm going to be afraid that Houston isn't a crazy, Mexcan filled place as I thought it would be for you.
joesgigi said…
I love reading what you write. Thanks and be safe. I think I would have had to walk, no run away, if I had heard that accent also! Have a great time.
Love ya - Gi
Shannon said…
you should hit on quebec this week... just for fun!
Shanna said…
Living vicarously thorugh you my dear... "hannah creep" a pict of quebec pronoto and do what we talked about last night! HAHA! LOVE LOVE!

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

What I’m Loving Wednesday