Big Girl in a Big City: Night One

Disclaimer:The title of the blog series, Big Girl in a Big City, has no reflection on my size; it simply reflects the fact that I packed my big girl panties for this "my first business trip; my first trip to a big city alone....for a week." =)

Ok, now that THAT is out of the way I will continue on because I know you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to hear about my first night. Well, nothing too exciting to report. I learned that I CAN indeed entertain myself on the road for 5 hours, thanks to the help of my ipod with a Christmas playlist! Yes, you read Christmas =) I snapped a few photos along the way, but like I said, nothing special. Upon arriving to my hotel, I found that it is a VERY nice one, thanks Hilton Family!! It has a heated pool and whirlpool so stay tuned for a report on that goodness! Also, the Holy Ghost himself is staying here....Yes, there's some ministry team here doing a revival...Might have to check that out one night!
As you may can tell I am just kind of out of it tonight, I have a headache and I am VERY tired!! So I will post a few pictures and be back here tomorrow night (hopefully) to report on Day 1 of these adventures!
This is ME (like you didn't know that) right before I left!


This picture is strictly for my dad; He HATES this bridge in Lake Charles! Love you Dad!


HELLOOOO BIG CITY!!!


My Room


And I am real big on HOME...ask my mother!! hahaha...and when I am staying somewhere for a longer than 2 night stay I have to unpack EVERYTHING put it in its temporary place and have things just right for me to have a good week...especially since I am alone this trip, hahaha SO, yes THAT IS framed pictures of my family in front of the TV and yes that is the Saints game...like I said I am real big on "HOME"



Well, thats it for tonight. Everything is unpacked and I am super tired so I am signing off but not before I tell you that I also got here in time to see the 4th quarter of the Saints game......WHO DAT!?!?!?!? Can we say 8-0!!!!!!!!!!!
Until next time....love love!

Comments

Glad you made it! It's always good to stay where the Holy Ghost is staying. PLEASE attend a meeting, take secret pictures, and write a post. Please...?!
Amanda Trisler said…
So glad you made it there safely.
You are going to have a great time... Would those be near the roof- because we do know where the best rooftop pool & hot tub are in North America (at least that we've found so far!) haha...

Enjoy your weekend- take tons of photos of crazy stuff for us and go eat alone... find the "FUN" people! And just keep smiling at God's unusual creation.
Jodi said…
I wish I could have gone with you!!! I love your life!
Shannon said…
where is the photo of me?
Unknown said…
enjoyed the post, write some more please, its always an interesting read.

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana