Big Girl in a Big City: Day Two, Night Three

I've sat here trying to think of a good starting point for today. While it may not be clever or dramatic I will begin this post with a simple statement: Today dawned bright and early at 6AM, with the sun shining through my sheet curtains and my mind trying desperately to tune out the nagging beep to tell me to get up!

Alas, I got up, got dressed and ready for the day with minutes to spare and for that, dear friends, I was VERY proud of myself! Today, I chose to wear khakis, a brown top with a cropped orange blazer. I almost looked like an autumn leaf walking around....no I DID look like an autumn leaf walking around! And Today, you get TWO pictures! hahaha I know you are thrilled!!
Look how little my shoulders look! hahaha

Sassy!

Today, we spent lots of time going over things that I, not to sound arrogant, already knew alot about and you can't really blame me...today was a review of what I did for three years! However, it was a nice refresher course and I did get to draw some fun pictures of my name...
***SEE I AM A STAR***


I ate lunch with three other ladies and somehow men came up! Oh, I remember how!! For the sake of keeping everyone seperate I will throw in names. Lynnette announced this "Faith, Last night I got rid of my fiancee!" She said it so nonchalantly that I almost choked on my drink and my face said as much. She continued as my eyes asked all the questions "Yeah girl, I just ain't got time for all drama!" Just then Vicki spoke up and said "I'm proud of you girl! I have been single for 9 years and I LOVE it! I shiver at the thought of living with another man." I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing. This lady just dropped her fiance' like one would drop an apple in the grocery store...like it was NO BIG DEAL! Lynnette and Vicky continued for a brief moment basking in their "freedom" and I just sat there wondering "Is that really what I have to look forward to?? Is this going to be me in 20 years? So bitter...so over men...and relationships?? Is that the road I'm headed down?" Before my train of thought could go any further the lady I was sitting next to, Glenda, spoke up and said "Well, I am sorry...but I am happily married!" "Whew!" I thought! "There is hope!" She continued on to tell this story: "We met in California and we've been together for over 20 years. He is my best friend and the best thing that happened to me. We lived in the same apartment complex and I was getting ready to go out with a girl downstairs when I heard a knock at my door. I thought it was her. When I opened the door, it was this man and he simply asked if I would like to have dinner one night. I accepted and we've been together ever since. When he tells the story he says that he heard me laugh before I opened the door that night and that's when he fell in love." And as if there was a cue card, the three of us rang in a harmoniuous "awwww!" Glenda touched my arm gently and said "I know! Isn't that just so sweet? He really is my best friend. They just don't make them like that anymore." At this point, I agreed with her and said "You sound like my parents and I've told my mom if I could just find a man that is half the man my dad is I would be lucky." Conversation continued on with the three women, as I sat there with my thoughts wondering...and hoping for hope. I want what Glenda has...I dont want to be Vicky or Lynnette; not that I don't think they are precious people and sweet...I just don't want to be that bitter woman, no matter the heartaches I have...I want to unltimately be Glenda.
OK, I know these blogs are "supposed" to be light hearted and fun, but that I guess made an impression and there's alot more where that last paragraph is...but I will move on from being SOOOO transparent that it potentially bogs you down! =)

The afternoon went on and ended. Upon getting back to this hotel room I decided I wanted to drive and see about a place to eat. Six o'clock traffic in Houston is a BALL!!! I loved it! I think I got caught up in all the lights, the sounds, the sights and the fast traffic! I am not gonna lie I love looking out my sunroof and seeing tall skyscrapers or in my rearview mirror to see thousands of headlights and breaklights; I love looking to my right and to my left and seeing CITY!!! I love driving with my sun roof open; and my senses being seduced with city sounds, sights and smells(they aren't ALL bad) and to top it off, I jammed to my guilty pleasure song "Party in the USA" by noneother than Miley Cyrus...hahaha (don't disown me for that!! You know you secretly love it!!) I tried capturing such things but I didn't really get good shots because I was trying to be a safe driver!




Well, its not getting that time...and I've been writing and having weird flutters of emotions tonight, I think that are directly related to that heavy paragraph about lunch! (hahaha!) I wore a clay mask tonight and now my skin is heavenly soft!! OH and the mask totally smelled like cake!!! I can still smell it and its delightful!
Here's a funny....hope it doesn't give you nightmares =)



Alright, dearies, I am off to bed soon. Thanks again for reading and sorry I got all transparent-borderline emotional-heavy on you tonight! hahaha Until next time....love love

P.S. I have NOT witnessed a crime and no conversation tonight with Quebec.....BUT tomorrow is a new day ;)

Comments

Jodi said…
First of all, I love you!!!! You are beautiful and wonderful and have so much to offer. I too want to be a Glenda, and after the heartache I went through, it's very easy to be bitter. I have a touch of it. But, there's a piece of me that hopes for a love like that. I think alot of our problem is we expect a fairytale like the movies, and it's so not like that. I'm sure she has her moments where she could kill her wonderful husband or picture running him over with her Nissan....oh wait, that's me. Anyways, what I'm saying is that there is someone for you, and good things come to those who wait. So, we just have to wait. Someone told me once "His will, His way, His time". You are awesome. Never doubt that. I think he makes us wait sometimes so that we can really appreciate the right person when they come along.

Oh, and stay away from Quebec. And don't even get any ideas about moving to the big city. You're staying your butt in Pineville. I'm already going through my Fiath withdrawal.
Anonymous said…
Love the post! And don't mind that you got transparent for a paragraph, lol! It bothers me too when women are so bitter towards men, as if they are perfect. I agree with Jodi, sometimes you do want to rip their head off their shoulders and spit down their neck BUT when the day is over I thank God that he blessed me with a loving, caring, supportive, smart and Christian husband. And I would never trade that for any amount of lonely time. There is someone for you Faith and when God brings the two of you together it will be WONDERFUL!!! Hang in there, I love you!!! Your favorite Aunt on your Dad's side of the family, LOL!!! Alice.
Amanda Trisler said…
I'm really enjoying your posts. Your outfit was AMAZING and so you. You definitely need to get a job in fashion!!!! I'd pay you to design my clothes or tell me what to wear. :-) You will find that special man that God created for you and you for. Jodi's right about the wait teaches us how to appreciate. Oh, I think you need to move to Fort Worth if you love city life; sorry Jodi - I'm having Faith withdrawals over here as well.

Love ya, AHT
You will be like Glenda one day. A good friend told me once, "If finding your true love was easy, it wouldn't be so rewarding" and I guess that's true. We appreciate the things we fight for, not the things that come along easily.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging Off The Weight & More

My Grandpa

Lovin' My Louisiana