New Year, New Journey


Where did 2011 go?

All of the sudden 2012 is here and forcing me to be ok with the fact that I did not get to post my Christmas blog! Maybe it was not meant to be.

Last semester ended in a whirl of good grades (4 B’s, 1 A and 1 C in math) changes in life, heart changes, growth…lots of growth , new people and a new addiction to Pinterest. This next semester is quickly approaching and well I expect much of the same!

Last year I did a series of newbies, documented by a picture posted to Facebook for every day. I enjoyed it thoroughly and I get the impression others enjoyed it too! This year I want to do something a little different and a little more meaningful; a thankfoto. What is that? Well, first of all it’s a made up word but more importantly it's a daily photo for something I have learned to be thankful for, whether it is good or bad, new or old. I have been overwhelmingly blessed in my life and need to appreciate life more; I need to live with a heart of gratitude rather than just a week or month of it during November, kind of cliché, I know. It's so easy to look at others and see what I don't (and I am not speaking of just material things)....so in other words I'm counting my blessings just to see how rich this poor college student really is! I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I hope I do!!

I plan on posting the “thankfoto” daily to my Facebook page. There may be a blog inserted here and there, I am allowing myself that freedom since I did pretty much make this up! (Haha!) I am also allowing myself to post anything new that I might learn. They say you learn something new everyday, and we should be thankful that we never stop learning....that God is not done with us...or at least me!

Until Next Time Dearies!!!

Comments

TracyBlalock said…
What an awesome idea!!! I try and give thanks daily for something or someone but you will be documenting yours. I can't wait!!! Happy New Year, Faith!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandpa

Blogging Off The Weight & More

Lovin' My Louisiana