Grief


I know some of you may know I am at the beach with a dear to my heart family and are probably wondering why in the world is she writing on "Grief"?  Well,  life continues to happen even when one is away from life in Louisiana. Tonight, my Hannah K. learned of a dear friend's tragic and sudden death and my heart is full. This is new territory on so many levels and as I sit on the balcony with the waves singing their melody all I can think about is the all encompassing emotion of grief.


The funny thing about grief is that in the moment that time stops for one person, time does not stop for the mourners. Life goes on.


Time ticks by.


Tears fall and hearts break.


There's no handbook on "grieving for dummies" and there's no wrong way to grieve. Everyone grieves differently. Being sensitive to needs in those times is so tough.  Sure we may be a Martha and hands on wanting to fix dinners and hold someone  and do this and that. No, that's not a bad thing but sometimes God forces us into circumstances where all we can do is be a Mary and sit at His feet as time ticks by with our grieving heart in its hands.


The grief in our hearts, pales in comparison to the heart of the Father who created this heart and even gave it the ability to break and to grieve.



Scripture tells us that "Life is but a vapor."  We are not promised tomorrow, we are not even promised the very next inhale of oxygen. If you are grieving, you are not alone. There's the Creator to grieve with you, to grieve for you, as this life ticks us by.

Hug the ones you love; say you're sorry to those you offend; love with all your being; laugh too often; no offense is worth losing those whom you love. Life is only a vapor so live, love and laugh it up!
You never get those moments back for we must remember: There's  not a pause button for life only, play and stop.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit


Comments

Faith, please tell Hannah I am sorry about her loss. Give her a hug for me and tell her I love her. This is a beautiful blog post.
TracyBlalock said…
So beautifully spoken.
Dot Vice said…
May God pour His Graces over the family and friends for this loss. Your words should be a comfort, they are like a balm, beautifully stated words of comfort. God Bless all. I will keep this in my litany.
Give Hannah a big hug for me. You posted this on the exact day that I was speaking to one of my girls about grief (current blog post.) We even used some of the same references.Amazing how God's comfort remains constant.

Popular posts from this blog

Lovin' My Louisiana

Faith's Fluffy Friday

No Day But Today!