Why Saints Fans Are Better

The Saints have started this football season 0-2. We have not had a start to a season like this in 5 years and yet, I still believe. I still believe in this organization and these boys. Sure, sometimes the fans of the Black and Gold get a bad wrap but, here's why I think Saint's fans are the best in the league:


*We own the losses just like the wins. We don't make excuses. We admit when we are outplayed.

*Our boys are our biggest fans as well. They really are. They love the Who Dat Nation and they love my city and my state. 

*We have to fight and overcome for every victory both on and off the field. Everyone loves a comeback story and boy, aren't we a good one! We are all a "comeback" story, if you think about it! Sure, some of us are still trying to pull ourselves up to be a comeback story, but in due time, everyone is a comeback story. 

*The Saints have brought families together. They have brought our state together!

*We aren't a cocky organization, as a whole. 

*Even on our worst games these days, we know nothing compares to the "Aints" and nothing warrants a brown paper bag. I have never owned a paper bag for such and will never own one. I bleed my black and gold, proudly!

*We have our own songs! Nothing is better than our "get hype" songs, seriously!

*We truly do have the best food for football. 


*We haven't always been winners. We don't always win. We lose and we lose with dignity, always getting up and promising to improve. Promising to learn from mistakes and move on; never getting so under the loss that we lose sight of the next hurdle, the next goal.

*Our boys seem to realize that they are more than just football players. They have fun and make a difference in the lives of those in the community. They make mistakes, sure, we all do. They are still our heroes, faults and all.

*We love our boys in black and gold and still believe. It's on to week 3!




Comments

Love it, Faith! You are so right. Yeah, we get disappointed, but you know what? My cheerleaders are dancing to Heart of the City at their game this week, and I drank out of my Saints water glass all day at school today. I'm proud to be a "Who Dat," 0-2 start and all! <3

Popular posts from this blog

Lovin' My Louisiana

Faith's Fluffy Friday

No Day But Today!